"What is wrong with you today? you don't seem like your usual rambunctious self today!" my boss peered at me with a questioning look and I just laughed, and avoided the question altogether.
My week so far has been full of ups and downs, worries and good news and bad news. At times I feel like I'm sitting right in the middle of a hurricane and I'm just hanging on for dear life, trying to keep my head above water.
But I don't talk about any of that at work. There I am the one always joking around with my co-workers, always adding a smart remark to a conversation if possible. Buzzing around, going about my day, seemingly without a care in the world.
My life has gone through so many changes these past years and it seems like it's constantly changing, moving, renewing itself. It's a thrill ride, but I'm wondering every day where it will end up.
I know one thing for sure - I'm searching for my purpose in life and I've been doing that for a long time. I lost myself somewhere along the way and I'm trying to figure out who I really am.
This journey of searching started in my early 30's. I realized I wasn't happy with so many things in my life, and I was the only one who could change things. So I quit my job, went back to school for a year and learned some new skills.
I ended up at Emily Carr. It's an incredible place to work. It's completely inspiring, and the people who work here all have some artistic talent. The atmosphere is friendly and encouraging, so totally different to any other place I have ever worked. Most of the time, it is a joy going to work. But a few things are changing in my office right now, and I'm a bit hesitant to those changes.
My personal life has just been one giant mess these past few years, and I won't even go into that. That's a whole book in itself. But I got some news last night that I really didn't expect, not yet anyway. It made me reflect a bit, and it definitely made me a bit more quiet today at work. But I'll bounce back. Life will move on and change, and as my favourite saying goes...."this too shall pass".
No comments:
Post a Comment